This thematic area emphasizes that rural development activities must be
- Organized around well-defined technologies and objective
- Organized to use available human resource endowments in rural areas
- Dependent on the development of an institutional capacity to mobilize the limited political and economic resources available in rural communities
- Made to understand welfare in rural areas remains a problem of level of output per person and distribution and
- Organized around human resources that have received formal training.
- The major objective of the thematic area is to provide the student with a variety of methodological issues to analyze multiple facets of rural and regional development and examine the impact of macroeconomic policies on rural development.